This Rural Health center is located at Neelambur village on the Avinashi main road 9kms away from PSG
Institute of Medical Sciences and Research. It caters to a population of around 4300 providing preventive, promotive and curative services.
The center is supervised by an Associate Professor. 1 Medical officer, 2 staff nurses, 1 social worker, 1
attendar, 1 security and 2 sanitary helpers ensure smooth functioning of the center.
Services offered by the center
Interns are posted every month in rotation. They are given hands on experience in diagnosis and
treatment, suturing under supervision. Our center also serves as field practice area for paramedical
- Maintaining family health folders
- Treatment of common ailments
- Dispense of essential drugs
Various speciality clinics are conducted at the center
- Diabetes and Hypertension clinic - Conducted every Tuesdays by specialist . Around 20- 25 patients attend the clinic every week. Diagnostic services as well as dispense of drugs, diet and exercise counseling are all provided in the center.
- ENT, O&G clinics are conducted once a month by specialists from the main hospital.
- Cataract screening camps are conducted periodically
Out reach services
- The social worker with the help of interns conduct health education sessions on various target groups twice a week
- School health program is important activity conducted every year in most of the schools
situated around the center
- Since Neelambur is an industrial area, periodical health check ups and screening for chronic
diseases are done at the request of the industries.
350, Avinashi Road, Neelambur,
Pincode - 641062.