What is Ragging?
Ragging shall mean any disorderly conduct, whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Any act of ragging is a criminal offence and therefore is liable for punishment under the provisions of Indian penal law.
PSG IMSR shows zero tolerance to ragging. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in the campus and outside. Our institution has taken comprehensive measures to combat the issue of ragging in compliance with the prevalent regulations – The UGC Regulations for “Preventing Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009” (as amended) and the NMC (Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in Medical Colleges/Institutions) Regulations 2021. Excerpts of the National Medical Commission (Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in Medical Colleges and Institutions) Regulations, 2021 is given in the information leaflet for your perusal.
Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging
Students can complain of any incidents of ragging in the following ways. The details of the complainant will be kept strictly confidential.
- Contact the college anti-ragging helpline no: 9894192635
- Drop a written complaint in the complaint box kept near the dissection hall/ Biochemistry Lab/ Physiology Lab
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inform by phone call/ message/ in person to any of the anti-ragging committee members/ faculty of the institution
- National Anti Ragging Help Line (UGC Crisis Hotline) 24×7 Toll Free Number* 1800-180-5522 email@example.com)